Wednesday, December 14, 2011

1.


This place is amazing. My first day back in Paris, what a trip this has already started out to be! I nearly almost missed my flight this morning which brought me to actual tears... as well as begging the security guards to let me through onto the plane! The first 2 legs of the plane were good and easy, I was still in the clouds that I had even made it to LA and the Dallas. In Dallas I met a sweet girl, her name is Ally and she is from Berkeley. She has taken a year off from school so she is one year behind me and is traveling the world. She just got back from India and Bali, was home for a week and a half then is here in Europe for a month... deciding where she wants to go as she goes. Quite inspiring I must say. We are meeting for coffee and some adventures the day after next which I know will be fun.
I arrived in Paris at the airport and then took the metro to meet Audrey at her apartment. She lives near the Tour de Eiffel, right near! She cant see it from her apartment but it only about a 5 minute walk. The area she is in is sweet, but happening as well. She says not a lot of night life in the winter but she still likes it here. She has stressed numerous times about how she doesnt like Parisiens.  
Her apartment is so teeny tiny! The outside is nothing special, it is right off on a side street from the main street and just looks like a smaller not too fancy building. The elevator we took up to her room was just barely big enough to CRAM me, my suitcase that is a carryon and her in it. There is a door to her little room(thats what I will call it) directly to the right as you walk in is a door that opens to a sink,mirror, and 2 feet by 2 feet shower in the corner. Then there is a little closet, the size of something one might store brooms in which holds her clothes, then inches down from that there is a door that opens to a mini fridge, two cubbords, a small sink with running water, and 2 burners to cook on. The rest of the room holds a desk, lamp, futon that folds out into a bed which we both will be sharing and a little square table with a coat rack to the right. She has a big sliding glass window that opens to a little deck not too high off the ground, looking out on another apartment complexs back yard gardens.
It is so funny how little people need to live.
We decided to go on a walk to just get out of the house so I showered, got dressed, felt like a new woman and Audrey and I hit to city at around 11 am. My timing is so off it is crazy, I feel like a zombie a the moment... being here hasnt even fully set in. Our little walk to the Eiffel Tower turned into ALL day walking around the WHOLE city! We were fully fully exhausted because we weaved back and fourth throughout the streets, in and out of stores, across and down the river. It is so beautiful here. We had lunch at a small cafe, in the sun. We got french fries, salad, rice and ended with tea and coffee after Audrey had a smoke.
We are going to bed and Audrey is setting our bed up, she has finals tomorrow so I dont want to keep her up. I ended up having dinner with Orlando, he called so we met up with him and it was so yummy! It is a fantastic feeling to meet up with people who you know when you are traveling. I so enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment