Thursday, December 22, 2011

Madrid.

To all who are following my travels, I have made it to Madrid! It is my third day here and much has happened. I do not have access to a computer so I am not able to update as much as I was in Paris. Madrid is wonderful! The feeling this city gives off is so different then Paris. Parisians are a lot more to themselves, sort of snobbish and cold... Spañards are warm, loud, love to eat, drink, laugh and be all in your face. I love it. There are not as many skinny women here as there are in Paris, I can tell the people here enjoy their food :)
Being with my great grandmother is terrific. She has just as much spirit as last time I saw her, 9 years ago. I love talking, sharing stories and just being in her presence. I have been going out into the city every day the past 3 days. Yesterday I went to 2 museums, spent hours looking at art and fully enjoying myself. I met up with my mamas best friend Penelope who is visiting her daughter here in Madrid. It was such a fabulous surprise! We have been eating well and drinking wine the past day. I spent the night with them last night and it was so sweet to spend time together. Mañana I have plans to find a well known store to get chocolate and churros. I am quite excited. I ate a lot of cheese today and it was so delish!
There are a lot of beggars in the streets and I have been told to watch my camera and purse because of the gypsies. Gypsies!
I am excited to have Chrsitmas dinner with the familia, it will be great to see everyone all together.
I will update again if I can! I know this is short but at least its somethin right?

No comments:

Post a Comment