Wednesday, December 14, 2011

3.


              This morning after I emailed I set off into the city on my own. I walked for hours! I mean hours. I ended up all the way at the Notre Dame by the end of the day. I got a little discombobulated trying to find Boulevard St. Germain where most of the shops are so that gave me an extra 45 min of walking just because I got off course. I was so okay with it though because I got to observe... which is the best! Everything is eye candy here.... from the street signs, to the architecture to the men walking around in scarves and pea coats. I bopped in and out of shops, came upon this MAGNIFICENT umbrella shop that carries hand made umbrellas. Literally the most feminine fabulous umbrellas Ive ever seen. I want one so badly! I want to buy them as gifts for people sooo badly! Sadly I cant spend 200-600 euros on an umbrella. I fell in love though.... yes with an umbrella. It was me in umbrella form I swear! It is used for summer and winter weather. It had two layers, the outside was a raw linen color, the inside was an off white almost nearly creme color of linen. It was so light and dainty, the bottom of it was a marvelous bamboo but the woman showed me you could switch it out with whatever handle I wished. When I have the means to spend hundreds on an umbrella... I know where to go!
After wandering the streets more I felt my energy decreasing so I found Les Deux Margots cafe, sat outside, ordered some tea and an omlette and people watched. Ah it was so perfect. There had just been a slight rain so the streets were wet but there was sun and blue skies out. These two old french men who invited me to eat with them... I happy declined but the conversation did not die. They were sweet, after they left they came back and brought me a little eiffel tower key chain.
The rest of the day consisted of me walking, then hanging out at an outside cafe with wine, Audrey and the people walking the streets of paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment