Thursday, December 15, 2011

"so french".

       I ventured out early and returned early today. I woke up this morning while it was still dark... it was sort of sweet in a way. Audrey left at 7 to finish up her finals and I ended up rolling out of bed at 7 45. I made myself some tea, had my yogurt and banana(today I had a banana and a half...they were so good!) sat and enjoyed it for a few minutes as I checked up on some emails then told myself I would be out of the apartment by 9. I did that exactly! It was still not fully light outside when I ventured into the streets of Paris but the cloudy sky was slowly getting brighter and brighter. I decided NOT to walk all the way to my furthest destination today which was over by Bastille, exactly where I was yesterday. I fell in LOVE with this little shop called merci. I got there a few minutes before the store opened so I waited and people watched outside for  10 min or so. This store is incredible.... EVERYTHING in it I wanted to buy. I ended up just purchasing a grocery bag, and some linen napkins. There were linen table cloths I fell in love with, gardening tools, kitchen wear, plates, bowls, jewelry, clothes! It had about everything you would ever need..... and I wanted to get it all. Luckily I was on a time crunch and had to meet Ally(my plane friend) over near the Italian side of Paris which was quite a ways away even by metro, otherwise I dont know how long I would have spent there or how much money.
      SO after taking the metro across the city, I came to the tea shoppe Ally and I decided to meet at but it was sadly closed and she was nowhere in sight. So I went off on my own. I wandered down some neighborhood streets, there were shops here and there, cafes, bars, it was sweet and not as busy or fast passed as some of the other parts of Paris. I found a bee shop. Where the man wo owned it sold honey, bees wax candles, bee hive hear, the whole shabang. It was glorious. He helped me try honey and I decided on getting at little jar of lavender honey to add to my morning yogurt and tea. (I just added a spoonful to my tea now and it is delicious!) He let me take a photo of him in his shop and I think thought I was a journalist... hehe, Ive gotten that a few times because I carry around the Nikon camera my dad loaned me.
          After wandering around and not knowing where I was I decided to follow the cars and bikes to the nearest large street. I found a cheese shop that was right next to a fruit and veggie stand. Just what I needed. I bought myself some brie that was so so yummy and another soft cheese that is goats milk. I then decided to match that with a bottle of red wine. Oui, oui very french of me right? Cheese and wine for lunch, with an apple to pair! I was going to try and find a park to sit and eat it all at but then the weather decided to change, and it changed fast... It started to sprinkle, the temperature dropped and the clouds came in. 
        My feet were killing me from all the walking in my boots so I gave in, bought myself 10 new metro tickets instead of walking all the way across town back home. It was a good choice though, on the metro I could feel myself loosing energy fast. I returned to the apartment, undressed out from all my layers, cut up apple, cheese, poured myself some wine and made a cup of tea with my new lavender honey. Audrey got back not too much after me and laughed at how "french" I was being. 
       The wine got to be... I thought by drinking tea with it maybe it would level out.... mmmm nope. I just woke up from a sweet little cat nap. I feel a little rested and now am going to make myself some more tea. Audrey and I have a little while before we leave for the gallery opening and have to get ready for the rest of the night. We are taking the train out to her friends house (out of the city) and staying the night there... hopefully some people at the party will be able to speak english!
        Au revoir for now. Let the night begin!

1 comment:

  1. hi sweet love. can you find used clothing stores or vintage clothing stores? i have not heard back from Cindy. Also, spend money on going into as many museums as you come across.....in the marais is the pablo picasso...go there, as well. i am sending you some $. also, does writing this blog mean i wont get your lovely long emails any more? i love you, monkey.
    ~mama

    ReplyDelete